Sometimes a great cocktail is just what you need in order to take a good meal to the next level. We’ve highlighted some of the best cocktails in Fox Valley. Check’em out the next that you visit one of these restaurants.
1. 27oz Margarita – Rito’s Mexican Restaurant, Aurora http://www.ritosrestaurants.com – If you’re a fan of classic or fruit flavored margaritas, Ritos has something for everyone. The 27oz glass is an Eat The Burbs favorite, but they have smaller versions for the less boozy bunch.
2. Crème Brulee Manhattan – Elgin Public House, Elgin http://www.elginpublichouse.com
What’s not to love about a drink named after one the best desserts on the planet? Nothing, that’s what. Dekuyper Buttershots, Phillips Union Vanilla, Dekuyper Creme de Cacao, Licor 43 and Godiva White makeup this treat.
3. Dragons Fruit – Taphouse Grill, Oswego http://www.taphousegrills.com/oswego-menu
Although Taphouse Oswego is known for pouring a great beer, they serve some tasty cocktails too. This beauty is made up of Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum, muddled mint, simple syrup, blackberries, and soda.
4. POM-A-DOR – Turf Room Restaurant, North Aurora http://theturfroomrestaurant.com
The martini program at Turf Room is serious business, if you’re a martini fan then you won’t be disappointed. Pearl Pomegranate Vodka, Cointreau, fresh pomegranate juice, fresh squeezed lime juice, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, and simple syrup ensures that this martini is sweet and tangy.
Dreamsicle – Mongolian 211, Yorkville http://www.mongolian211.com
Many already know the indulgence that is dreamsicle, now think of that and add booze. Amaretto, ice cream, orange juice, and chocolate tastes totally like a dessert.
6. Housemade Sangria – Macarenas, St. Charles & Naperville http://macarenatapasstcharles.com
Take a Le Cordon Blue trained chef that has studied in Spain and Italy that meticulously chooses his seasonal menu items and of course he’ll want to pair his food with awesome cocktails. The ‘Eat The Burbs’ favorite is the red Housemade Sangria, it’s beyond delicious.
7. Dirty Martini w/ Feta Olives – Basils Greek Dining, Aurora http://www.basilsgreekdining.com
Sometimes you like your fruit without the sweet and the briny olive inside the Dirty Martini at Basils does the trick. In all its glory this dirty martini is not to be missed; be sure to tell your server that you want the feta stuffed olive inside your dirty.