Recently hubs and I decided to spend a weekend relaxing, sans kids. We both needed to recharge and be pampered so off to Oak Brook Hills Resort we went to eat, drink, and be married. Yaaaaaaaaaay.
We were in search of a serene location in the suburbs where we could park and not leave the hotel until the day of our checkout. That’s exactly what we found at the 150-acre Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference center estate; we arrived on Friday and checked out on Sunday afternoon without ever having to leave the hotel for meals, entertainment, or anything else. It was the perfect destination for a couple looking to connect and unwind while enjoying delicious food and wine. The entire weekend felt like a dream, in fact it was one of the best “date-nights” we’ve ever had.
It all started right here 😀 :
Oak Brook Hills Resort is very popular among the golf crowd due to their award-winning course. They are also an Audubon-certified golf course so the grounds are kept immaculate.
Read on for some of the highlights of Oak Brook Hills Resort in the Chicago Suburbs.
- The View. It is gorgeous. Imagine waking up to this view each morning. PRO TIP: Request a room with a view of their 18-hole golf-course and a balcony. Trust me, sipping coffee there in the mornings is magical.
2. The Food. This is just a sampling of what we had. The hotel has a few restaurants to choose from plus room service. (Read More about the Restaurants later in this post)
I promise that I do eat some Veggies!
This is one of the most creative and best tasting salads I…
- This Pool. It was rarely crowded and I loved that. This was a surprise to me considering the hotel has almost 400 guest rooms and 42,000 square feet of meeting space. The event space was recently renovated, impressive to see.
- The Bed. Very comfy, especially if you like a firm-plush. You can literally get in and out of bed without disturbing your spouse. This is golden for me, especially since I’m a sleep deprived mom that is awakened easily.
- The Balcony Suite. This is very unique to the Oak Brook Hills Resort. Sipping coffee and having breakfast while overlooking their beautiful golf course will make you feel like you’re on vacation far, far away when you’re actually not that far from home.
Any other Ube fans here?⤵ 😍😍😍
I may just let you in on my secret on where I get these from. 😘
- The Spa. Tucked away inside the wellness area, the Monarch Spa was an added treat. I decided to get a massage while my husband enjoyed some alone time in our hotel room. My massage therapist reminded me that they do offer couples massage and in-room massage. Maybe next time we’ll get a couples massage. On the way out I also noticed that they also provide facials, along with manicures and pedicures.
- The People. The hotel staff was a big reason why our stay was so enjoyable. Even when I got lost in the hotel while trying to find the spa I was able to get help from a member of the restaurant staff, she showed me exactly where I was supposed to go.
If you’ve read this far, then, like me you’re probably a busy person that could use a getaway. In my case, my husband and I both work really hard to care for our children while often neglecting to take time to slow down and enjoy one another. I wrote a little bit about the importance of parents continuing to date their spouse several weeks ago. After I shared that article some of you wrote me to share your own sentiment and date ideas along with asking that I post more about the subject.
Let’s assume you want a piece of the action but you can’t commit to an overnight stay due to lack of time or childcare. I understand that completely, since most of the time I’m in the same boat.
Oak Brook Hills Resort has multiple restaurants to choose from. We grabbed a bite and cocktails inside the hotel at Tin Cup, their very pub-like bar and grille. It’s casual, open late and the food was good. They also had live entertainment on the Friday night that we went. I loved the vibe and I felt completely comfy in my yoga pants and t-shirt. Sometimes you feel like dressing up for date night and sometimes you don’t. Tin Cup was a great casual option for us.
We also enjoyed dining at B. Restaurant, the hotels approachable farm to table concept. Although the décor and view are stunning, the restaurant and staff were completely unpretentious. I think it’s a perfect place to go for a special occasion or date-night. I didn’t wear yoga pants :-D. The chef recently refreshed their seasonal menu, continuing to focus on keeping the menu fresh, local and simple; consider it simplified farm to table. I loved that I was able to ask what farm they sourced their produce and proteins from, traceable ingredients is a big bonus for us. Here’s a link to take a closer look at B. Restaurant.
TIP: You do not have to be a hotel guest to visit the restaurants. In fact, B. Restaurant is a must visit for your lunch date or date nights.
- Balcony Views
- Location: In Chicago Suburbs (Close to home)
- Restaurant Options (Both Casual and Upscale)
- Room Service
- Spa Services
I could honestly write a ton more about our stay but I won’t keep you any longer. 🙂 Be sure to follow along on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for more photos behind the scenes of our stay at Oak Brook Hills resort.
Address:3500 Midwest Rd, Oak Brook, IL 60523
I partnered with Oak Brook Hills resort. In order to facilitate this article our hotel stay was complimentary. All opinions expressed above are honest and my own. Partnerships like this help us to create interesting and informative content for you to enjoy. Thank you for your continued support of Eat The Burbs and the businesses that we share.