Aaaaaand….We’re Back! Wow, is it 2017 already? I still remember bits and pieces of the 90’s when I was looking forward to 1999 to party like Prince and wondering if the world’s computers were going to crash because of Y2K. Neither of those things happened, in 1999 I still wasn’t quite, ahem, mature enough to party like Prince and low and behold all of our computers are still working.
That’s the funny thing about predictions, sometimes they happen, and most times they don’t. Just like my predictions for Eat The Burbs. When I started this site a few years back, I thought it would be a fun way to show my family and friends all the cool shit there is to eat and see in the suburbs. Most of them would call me for recommendations to restaurants or to find out about upcoming events within the city limits, which I always seemed to have my finger on, but the minute I mentioned them hitting up the suburbs it was a NO GO. It’s definitely been a ton of fun so far. Now here we are a few years later and Eat The Burbs is a growing community of almost 30,000 people that love to dine out, support local business and talk about a little bit of everything with each other. Definitely bigger than what I predicted and a little scary at times, especially since I’m usually super shy!
Where Eat The Burbs is Headed
I’ve been listening to all of you, especially the comments you leave on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter about the types of stuff you want more of and 2017 is going to be full of cool content, more pictures and tons more fun!
There’s never enough time in a day and I don’t have a huge team or employees (fingers crossed, maybe one day) but I’m committed to all of you.
In order to make all of this coolness happen I’LL NEED YOUR HELP and I’m not too proud to ask. Hey we’re all a part of this beautiful community right?
Here’s a few things you can do to get involved:
Feel Free to Do Any or All of these ♥
1. Like, Share, and Comment when I post something that resonates with you here on the blog and on social media. This will help to make sure that you continue to see new posts and it also helps our community grow.
2. Tell us about your favorite places, recent finds or cool events that you come across. Help a local business get noticed.
3. Send in tips about the best of everything in your suburb, as well as new openings, closings and fun events! Email Tips@EatTheBurbs.com
4. Use the hashtag #EatTheBurbs when you post on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, so I can find the cool stuff you’re eating and doing in the burbs! I check it daily.
5. Sign up for the mailing list on the homepage.
Things got off to a slow start on the blog this year but as the saying goes “better late than never”.
Stay tuned for my Top 16 of 2016, coming soon! Be sure to also check out the 2015 Best of Chicago Suburbs list for a look back.
Happy New Year :))